If you were seriously injured, or if a loved one is suffering or has passed due to the negligence of a medical practitioner, we encourage you to take immediate action and contact the Louisiana medical malpractice lawyers at Parker Alexander.
There is a substantial amount of trust placed in medical practitioners and we visit medical doctors in hopes to heal ourselves—not sustain more damage.
In certain cases, medical providers, including hospitals, dentists, outpatient facilities and employees of these facilities, cause irreprehensible damage that leaves patients suffering long-term.
Our Monroe medical malpractice attorneys work quickly and diligently to obtain compensation for the wrongdoings you may be facing.
On This Page
A medical malpractice attorney is instrumental in navigating the complex legal landscape surrounding medical negligence claims. They advocate for the rights of individuals who have been injured due to medical error or negligence, helping them secure the compensation they deserve. These attorneys scrutinize medical records, consult with medical experts, and use their legal expertise to prove the existence of negligence and its harmful impact.
When you engage a medical malpractice attorney, you can expect them to offer the following services:
- Case Evaluation: The attorney conducts an initial review of your situation to establish if a valid claim exists.
- Evidence Collection: They gather and examine all pertinent medical records as well as any other evidence that can support your case.
- Expert Consultation: The attorney liaises with medical professionals to gain insights and expert opinions on the alleged negligence.
- Claim Filing: They prepare and file the medical malpractice claim on your behalf, adhering strictly to the legal requirements and timelines.
- Negotiation: The lawyer negotiates with the opposing party's insurance company for a fair settlement.
- Trial Representation: If a settlement cannot be reached, the attorney will present your case in court, arguing on your behalf for fair compensation.
- Post-trial Advocacy: Even after the trial, your attorney will be there to ensure you receive your settlement and to assist with any legal matters that may arise.
Helping Injured Clients Obtain Compensation
In medical malpractice cases, there are numerous wrongs that our clients could be facing.
If you are a victim of any of the following conditions, now is the time to act:
- Failure to properly treat an existing or known condition
- Nursing home malpractice and abuse
- Birth injuries sustained to mother, child or both
- Wrongful treatment and medication errors
- Emergency room errors
- Hospital negligence
- Surgical procedure mistakes
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Brain injuries caused by misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
Medical malpractices cases require swift action—many states have specific time frames in which a medical malpractice case can be brought about to a court.
With the assistance of an attorney, you could recover compensation for the complications you are facing. Act now and contact our Louisiana personal injury firm today!
In order to file a medical malpractice lawsuit, you will need to be able to prove the following:
- That there was a doctor-patient relationship between you and the responsible individual
- That the doctor was negligent in their diagnosis or treatment
- That the negligence resulted in your injury (this often requires medical expert testimony)
- That your injury resulted in you incurring certain damages; whether physical, mental or financial
While you may not know how to go about building your case based on these requirements, our Louisiana medical malpractice attorneys are prepared to help.
Our Monroe medical malpractice lawyers work quickly and diligently to obtain compensation for the wrongdoings you may be facing.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the conditions you may be facing, or if you are interested in learning more about your rights as a victim of medical malpractice, we encourage you to contact Parker Alexander right away.
Our Monroe medical malpractice attorneys are confident in our ability to obtain the highest amount of compensation available for your case.