Each year in Louisiana, there are about 700 traffic fatalities, most of which are entirely preventable. At Parker Alexander, we want to see that number come down, but we need help from the smart, inventive minds of students throughout our communities. This is why we are excited to announce the official Parker Alexander Scholarship Program!
This scholarship is open to students in Northeast Louisiana who share a passion for improving roadway safety, too. Applicants must submit a 1,000 to 2,000-word essay about how they think the region’s roads can be made safer, such as through legislative updates and better road construction projects. The application window will be from January 1st, 2022 to March 31st, 2022, and we will pick two winners between the start of April and the end of May. Our team will select winners based on both essay quality and the applicant’s individual need for financial support through a scholarship.
There are two possible prizes for the best applicants we choose:
- 1 grand prize: $2,500 scholarship
- 1 second prize: $500 scholarship
Applicant requirements include:
- Legal resident of Ouachita, Lincoln, Jackson, Union, Caldwell, Richland, Morehouse, Franklin, Madison, Tensas, West Carroll, or East Carroll parishes.
- Currently lives within the United States.
- Aged between 16 and 26 years old.
- Enrolled in an eligible college, university, trade school, vocational-technical school, or high school (with a 2022 graduation date).
- No past Parker Alexander Scholarship Program selections.
Are you thinking this scholarship program might be just what you need to further your education? Please click here to learn more about applicant requirements and program rules. Applicants must read the full terms and conditions before applying. If you would like to talk to a team member, you can dial (318) 625-6262. We look forward to seeing what incredible road safety ideas the students of Northeast Louisiana submit!